Meetings, Conferences & Executive Retreats
Geneva On The Lake’s Meeting Package
Finger Lakes Wine Region of New York
Step away from the busy world to this peaceful 10-acre bluff overlooking Seneca Lake in the Finger Lakes. Geneva On The Lake is a perfect place to meet with colleagues for meetings, conferences, or executive retreats. Focus your mind, inspire your ideas, and build connections for your business, in historic Geneva, New York.
INCLUDED IN THE MEETING PACKAGE
- A beautiful Conference Suite with abundant natural light, high speed Business Class Wi-Fi and direct connectivity, state of the art LCD projection, and friendly attentive service
- The DaVinci Conference Suite with its wood-burning marble fireplace, 10′ coffered ceiling and natural light creates an enjoyable place for a productive meeting (up to 25 people)
- One mid-morning beverage service with local Master’s Touch Coffee, tea, juices, soda, water and fresh baked sweet bread
- One mid-afternoon beverage service with coffee, tea, soda, water and fresh baked cookies or brownies
- Lunch at Lancellotti’s, Geneva On The Lake’s renowned restaurant. Lunch is available as a buffet or served. Both dining locations have beautiful views of the formal gardens and Seneca lake.
- Check-in to one of our 29 spacious Stickley appointed guest accommodations for a great night of sleep. Hospitality to guests has earned Geneva On The Lake the coveted AAA Four-Diamond Award for 35 years since brothers Norbert & William Schickel opened the resort in 1981.
- A Cocktail and Hors d’oeuvre reception in the Bar or on the Terrace
- A delicious candlelight dinner with live music, featuring a seasonal menu, fresh local produce, and vegetarian options
- Full breakfast buffet accommodating your group’s schedule, then meet for as long in the day as you would like
- The Wall Street Journal is available
- Our Fitness Room with Life Fitness Treadmill, Life Fitness Cross Trainer, hand weights and bench
- Outdoor activities at our 10-acre resort overlooking Seneca Lake, include on-site walking paths, historic gardens, lakeside vistas, a bonfire on the bluff, croquet, bocce, horseshoes, badminton, volleyball, a glider swing, Adirondack chairs, 70′ outdoor pool, canoes, kayaks and a complimentary lake cruise on our 24′ pontoon boat
- Assistance arranging team building activities, including yoga classes, a winery tour, or a hands-on cooking demonstration.
- The dedicated service of our Conference Coordinator and hospitable staff
WE LOOK FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU.
Please call for pricing.
*This Package is available anytime Sunday to Thursday, except July 1 – September 2, 2022.
Inquire regarding the rate for Fridays & Saturdays and for July 1 – September 2, 2022.
*Price does not include tax, alcoholic beverages, (except as indicated) or 12% gratuity for food server staff and 8% administrative fee for non-server resort staff.
BOOK YOUR MEETING
“An intersection of the best from the past with dreams for the future, of the fine arts with science and technology of the measurable with the immeasurable.” – Norbert H. Schickel Jr., founder
Are you looking for a place away from the busy world to meet, inspire ideas, and gain perspective? I invite you to our 10-acre bluff overlooking Seneca Lake in the heart of the Finger Lakes Wine Region. Stroll the historic gardens, have lunch on The Terrace, dine at our renowned restaurant, and gather with your group in the comfort of one of our beautiful conference suites. Since opening in 1981, local, national, and international companies continue to return to Geneva On The Lake for their strategic planning, marketing, sales and executive retreats. Among these companies are many icons of the world’s economy including, Corning, Federal Express, Honeywell, IBM, JP Morgan Chase, Proctor and Gamble, and Siemens. Hospitality is our life’s work, and we take great pride in providing a seamless experience that exceeds expectations, so that you can focus on the needs of your business. We hope to see you at Geneva On The Lake.
William J. Schickel, General Manager
FOUR CONFERENCE ROOMS
Each with unique architectural character and filled with natural light
- The Leonardo Da Vinci Conference Suite offers a 10 ft. high coffered ceiling, handsome hand-carved marble wood-burning fireplace and beautiful columned frieze. An elegant and inspiring setting for conferences of up to 30 guests (classroom style).
- The Loft Suite – the living room features a 14 ft. cathedral ceiling, a furnished “loft” with breathtaking view of Seneca Lake and comfortably accommodates up to 14 guests around a U-shaped table. The suite is appointed with Stickley Mission Cherry furnishings, and the bedroom offers a king size spindle bed.
- The Bar is a social setting with marble columns, arched cathedral ceiling, and picture window overlooking the Terrace, formal garden and Seneca Lake. Perfect for a small meeting, cocktail reception or private dinner.
- The Library Suite is the original library of the Nester home, built in 1910. This one-bedroom suite with lake view, features terrazzo floor with oriental carpet, handsome floor to ceiling mahogany paneling and bookshelves. A stone carved fireplace completes the literary ambiance. The library is ideal for strategic meetings of 2 to 10 people.
- Conference Coordinator – Geneva On The Lake’s friendly, experienced conference coordinator is present throughout and responsible for all details relating to your meeting
- Breakout Suites – Landmark guest suites offer spacious living rooms that comfortably accommodate 4 to 8 people. In Summer the Colonnade Pavilion on The Terrace, the shade of the trees, gardens and bluff overlooking the waters of Seneca Lake, offer good spots for a break
- Free Wi-Fi – a managed state-of-the-art, High Speed Business Class internet connectivity is provided throughout the facility
- Hard-wired Internet connectivity also available in the Da Vinci Conference Suite
- Audio Visual Equipment on site includes: flip-charts, speaker phone, LCD projector, screens and markers. A pad and pencil at each place
- 24-Hour Front Desk staff is available to assist you in any way needed
INDOOR & OUTDOOR DINING
- Lancellotti’s, Geneva On The Lake’s renowned restaurant, offers the grandeur of the villa’s main room and overlooks the terrace, formal gardens, pool and Seneca Lake – accommodating 30 – 50 people.
- The Bar offers casual comfort for drinks, snacks or a cocktail reception.
- The furnished Terrace with a reproduction of the Venus de Milo, is ideal for breakfast, lunch, a cocktail reception or evening dinner.
- The Colonnade Pavilion On The Terrace provides shade from the sun or shelter from the rain for up to 50 people. Conferences sometimes gather here.
- Our South Lawn Three Peak Tent Pavilion is for larger Summer events up to 150 people.
- A Cookout may be held on The Terrace or in the shade of the trees on the South Lawn.
FOOD & WINE
- “The Cuisine of Geneva On The Lake” is described by Bon Appetit as “extraordinarily good”. Our outstanding chef team brings a superb sense of flavor to the variety of local foods prepared. The Wine List features international and the best Finger Lakes wines, as well as local beers and spirits.
- Cocktails and Hors d’ oeuvres before dinner are served on The Terrace – weather permitting. In winter, we serve in The Bar or around a wood-burning fire in the Library.
- After Dinner Drinks in The Bar or under the stars around a wood fire on the Terrace.
- Complimentary Full Breakfast is included with your overnight stay and is served in Lancellotti’s or weather permitting, in The Colonnade Pavilion on The Terrace.
GUEST SUITES AND AMENITIES
- There are 29 Elegant Guest Accommodations, each beautifully appointed with Stickley furnishings. All are non-smoking.
- Fresh Flowers are in your suite upon arrival.
- The Wall Street Journal is available.
- Keurig for Fresh Coffee and bottled water in each suite
- Luxurious Robes are in your closet.
- Room Service available
- Turn Down Service
ACTIVITIES AND RECREATION
- Bonfire at The Bluff after Dinner
- Golf Course(s) – 9 holes, nearby – just 1 mile. There are 5 more challenging courses within a 30 minute drive and a “Robert Trent Jones Course” only a 45 minute drive
- Late Afternoon Lake Cruises aboard our 24 ft. pontoon boat Bella Frascati
- In-Suite Massage or spa service (by pre-arrangement)
- Bicycles on Site
- Swimming Pool – a 70 ft. outdoor pool open June to September
- Canoeing & Kayaking from our boathouse dock
- Fish from our dock, or we can arrange a Fishing Charter
- Tennis Courts at neighboring Hobart and William Smith Colleges campus – 1/2 mile
- Lawn Games – include: croquet, bocce, volleyball, corn hole, horseshoes and basketball hoop
- Fitness Room includes Life Fitness treadmill and cross trainer, free weights and mats
- Complimentary Passes for Geneva YMCA – fitness room, pool, racquetball, sauna
TEAM BUILDING ACTIVITIES
- Limousine Wine Tour on Seneca Lake Wine Trail
- Group “Wake Up” Exercise or yoga class
- Hands-on Chef’s Culinary demonstration
- Guest Winery or Brewery tasting before dinner
- A Pre-arranged VIP Winery Tour for your group
- Theme Dinners such as Barbeque Cook-outs, Clambake or Lobster Bake
- Charter Cocktail Cruise on Seneca Lake from Geneva’s pier aboard the Rose Lummis
- Outlet Shopping Trip to Waterloo Premium Outlets (8 miles)
- Wine Maker or wine pairing dinner.
Geneva On The Lake is located in historic Geneva, New York, on Seneca Lake in the heart of Finger Lakes Wine Country.
We are 7 miles from the New York State Thruway, Exit #42, then take Route 14 South. Rochester, Ithaca, Elmira and Syracuse airports are just a 1-hour drive. (Penn Yan for private jets, 20 minutes)
“From sleeping accommodations, quality of food preparation and service including the Da Vinci meeting facility, all those who attended were thoroughly impressed … a most peaceful atmosphere extremely conducive to very productive to very scientific discussions . . . No one in our group expected to have such a wonderful accommodations . . . The Geneva On The Lake Resort is truly a national treasure.”
– C.R., New York
“Everything was PERFECT . . . Your resort is a genuine hit. One of the finest meetings I have ever attended, and it made me proud to show off a world-class resort that just so happens to be in my ‘backyard’. . . We were blown away by everything, the food is ‘off the charts’ great.” – D.E.W., New York
“…thank you and your incredible staff for providing us with such an amazing weekend. These retreats can be stressful, as we spend numerous hours discussing our business, successes, our failures, our goals, and the potential barriers to our goals. However, the entirety of your staff was so accommodating and friendly from the moment we arrived until the moment we left that it placed everyone at ease and allowed us to focus for the entire weekend. The accommodations at your hotel provided us with a great atmosphere. The food that you provided at breakfast, and lunch, and during the day, so that we could snack during our meetings was excellent. It was so nice that you also provided options for those of us with dietary restrictions. We cannot say enough about how great of an experience you and your staff provided. We will certainly be back in the future for similar retreats, and we will certainly recommend Geneva on the Lake to others if the opportunity should arise.”
– P & F, New York
“In a world of competition for just about everything, Geneva On the Lake has the formula for success: simply delight the customer . . . No titles or roles prevent your folks from doing whatever is necessary to meet his objective . . . The collective attitude demonstrates pride and loyalty . . . When the opportunity presents itself, we will be back!” – L.D., New York
“Our law firm held its retreat at your resort in July. I wish to commend you and your staff on a wonderful experience. Virtually all of our needs were tended to during our three days at Geneva On The Lake. I wish you continued success and look forward to future stays at your fabulous resort.” – M.C.L., New York
“I am very pleased to tell you that the members of the Team management group are still savoring the delightful week we spent at your wonderful resort…Without exception, I have received glowing comments about the excellence of your staff, the beauty of your facility and the location, the quality of the food, the extraordinary attention to detail and the personalized service which each individual received…A refreshing experience in America…Our thoughts and appreciation will be of you and our wonderful experience at Geneva On the Lake.” – A.P.L., Ohio
“From the moment we arrived, you made us feel like honored special guests and also right at home . . . The food service, the attention to detail, the meeting rooms, and of course, the beautiful guest rooms, all contributed to both an enjoyable and productive meeting . . . You can be sure we will do it again.” – D.M.C., New York
“Thank you very much for making the Board of Directors Meeting such a great success…Everyone complimented everything at Geneva On The Lake…As we all know, that is very unusual; there is usually one person who has a negative remark to make about something…Not the case at Geneva On The Lake!” – M.E.K., New York
“Our partners were extremely pleased with the accommodations and service they received last weekend during their retreat at your hotel…The atmosphere was relaxing, the food excellent, and the service exceptional.” – M.L.H., New York
“I never give top scores, but I did today, because you and your staff deserve them! . . . Everyone is delighted with our stay with you . . . It has contributed to unusually successful business meeting results.”
– C.S., Minnesota
“I want to personally thank you for a wonderful weekend at Geneva On The Lake…I have had nothing but great responses back from the reps and their wives – they really enjoyed themselves…They too, said the service, food, and hospitality were wonderful.” – A.W., New York
“Both you and your staff displayed a level of courtesy and helpfulness that excelled any I have previously encountered in all my years of conducting meetings.”
– J.D.L., Illinois
“Legendary customer service is often discussed, but not always to be found in practice . . . during our recent stay, Chris proved that it does exist . . . The entire staff was superb . . . Chris went the extra mile.” – B.L.E., New York
“…you listened to our wants and needs and were extremely helpful in making suggestions to help achieve an atmosphere which contributed to the overall success of our meeting . . . The meeting was an overwhelming success, due in large part to the efforts of your employees who contributed their talent to ensure a comfortable stay, delicious meals and an effective meeting setup.”
– D.S., New York
“Thanks to you and you staff for providing a fantastic environment for our team…The five-star service and five-star food make this experience memorable…The attitude that impresses me the most is, ‘What more can we do for you?’…The spirit provided by you and your staff translated to the team and allowed the team to think freely…The environment was relaxing…It took us away from the day-to-day stress in our jobs…Walking in the fresh air, and having the Lake in our view refreshed us in between sessions.” – C.H., New York
“Please accept my sincere appreciation for the elegant and professional manner in which you and your exceptionally capable staff accommodated our company’s senior management planning conference…Everything, starting from the reservations to the personal attention to our detailed needs, to the exquisite cuisine, to the pure pleasure of lodging surrounded by the splendid Stickley furniture, has certainly convinced me and my associates that you are more than deserving of your National reputation as ‘America’s Premiere Small Resort.’” – R.B., New York
“We lead strategic planning activities throughout the United States, and Geneva On The Lake is second to none in our experience.” – C.S., Wisconsin
“I’ve heard nothing but great things from the managers that stayed there…You run a first-class service operation that represents the type of customer focus we all strive for …You really pampered them, and they enjoyed it.” – L.D., New York
“We and our independent Directors were most pleased with your facilities, the excellent cuisine, and the capable service of your very attentive staff during the two evenings and one day we were with you for our Board meeting. You may call on us to encourage prospective guests who may be considering your accommodations at any time.”
– J.E.W., Ohio
“The staff was very attentive to our needs and did a great job throughout our stay. The accommodations and food were amazing!”
– E.P., New York
“The atmosphere, the service, and the food were all superb…We were profusely thanked by our guests for providing them with such accommodations…It is great to know that in these fast moving times, there are establishments who still subscribe to quality customer care and service.” – G.P., New York
“Geneva On The Lake, a grand resort in the lively burg of Geneva. It’s an excellent home base, since Geneva’s downtown has become the region’s restaurant and bar nexus…”
– Travel and Leisure, October 2018
“…stunning four-diamond Geneva On The Lake, has a garden reminiscent of Versailles.”
– The Wall Street Journal